Vegetarian or Non-Vegetarian food which is better for health ? this is ever end less issue which still continues since long. According to Vedic texts and other spiritual scriptures they force on being vegetarian, this is based on certain principles such as the laws of karma and the methods of living. People who do not believe in these obviously advocates for Non Vegetarian food.
Any diet which is balanced is good. However, a good balanced vegetarian food or animal free diet is more healthy than a diet containing meat.
- Scientifically speaking, non-vegetarians are in Less to suffer from deficiencies because meat is a rich source of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. Essential minerals like calcium and iron are also found in the animal sources of food. The only thing they lacking in fiber.
- Non Vegetarian food eaters are have an increased tendency to suffer from constipation, gastrointestinal cancers. When meat is being digested, the vaste materials in the form of toxins are liberated which are so much more than, that released during the digestion process of Vegetarian foods.
- Vitamin B12 is only found in meat, fish, eggs and milk, Which is vital for the formation of red blood cells and nerve fibres. If our bodies don’t produce enough red blood cells this can cause the disease anaemia, due to iron deficiency.
- Protein: Two-thirds of protein comes from meat, fish, eggs and dairy food.
- Iron: Iron from animal sources is more easily absorbed than iron from plant sources.
- Meat contains saturated fats which can block the absorption of essential fats -High intakes of some saturated fatty acids can increase the cholesterol level in the blood, and thus increase the risk of heart disease. (fish, meat products, milk and cereal are major sources of saturated fatty Acids)
- Food for Vegetarians or Vegetarian food tends to suffer from protein as well as Vitamin B12 deficiency which often causing weakening of bones and depression.
- Vegetarians find it difficult to gain muscle mass in spite of working out for hours in the gym, unless they consume whey or soy proteins regularly this is one of the fact being vegetarian
- At all stages of life, properly planned vegetarian food is “healthful, nutritionally adequate, and provides health benefits in the prevention and treatment of certain diseases”
- Vitamin C found in fruit and vegetables helps in the absorption of iron. Vegetarians should drink a glass of fresh fruit juice with their cereal to help in absorb iron.
- Vitamins: Antioxidants found in Vitamin C, Vitamin E and beta carotene are defenses our body against free radicals a reactive molecules that causes to lead premature aging and disease.
- Fats: Vegetarians tend to eat less saturated fats ( found in meat and dairy products ), and more unsaturated fats.
So, as always, the middle path seems to be best. The digestive system of human body can digest both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food. Eating eggs and fish about three times in a week and chicken or red meat once or twice weekly is alright for the average person who doesn’t mind being omnivorous. Whether one likes it or not, fruits, vegetables, and wholegrain cereals and pulses must be consumed everyday to stay healthy.